Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Adventures in Dinner

I am excited to try new recipes for dinner every night! I love Pinterest. I must admit that it is quite possibly my favorite website, next to Facebook of course. I have been cooking exciting, new dinners every night for the last few months thanks to Pinterest. Some recipes turn out great! Some need some tweaking. Other recipes I try are just flat out gross! I would love to share with you a few recipes I have tried lately and how they turned out! I will rate each one with stars on taste and ease. The more stars the better!

Bubble Enchiladas: 
Ease-*****
Taste-***















I followed this recipe exactly as the instructions said, however I did pull it out of the oven about 5 minutes earlier than the time said, and it turned out wonderfully! Not very flavorful, but I enjoyed it and the kids liked it as well. Only complaint- Maggie said she didn't like the soggy bread (the biscuits). However, the rest of the family enjoyed the mushy dough! Here is the link to the original recipe:
http://www.recipe-diaries.com/2011/05/23/bubble-up-enchiladas-weight-watcher-recipes-part-2/


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars:
Ease-*
Taste-*****





This recipe is DELICIOUS! I followed it exactly and it is definitely a new favorite. It was time consuming, messy and dirtied up a lot of bowls! I think I will make this recipe as a special treat ONLY. Not just a regular week night dessert! Here is the link to the original recipe:
http://www.brandysbaking.com/2011/06/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-cheesecake.html

1 comment:

Harriette Connell said...

Love your blog!! Can't wait to read more of your adventuresw in dinner!!

Hennepin 100

  My 12th attempt at the 100 mile distance.  It was definitely one of the most miserable races from start to finish I have experienced. Not ...