Wednesday, February 06, 2013

The Duggar's "Chicken in a Biscuit"

I love the Duggar Family. For those of you who don't know them, they have a show on TLC called 19 Kids and Counting. They are a Godly family with Godly principles and all though they are a more "modest" family than I a have, I have the utmost respect for them. They are walking the way the Lord has told them too, and abiding in Him! I have been wanting to try this recipe for a while, and when I stumbled upon it on Pinterest I decided to give it a try. It was very easy and very good! The only change I will make next time will be to add some cream cheese to the mix inside the chicken biscuits. 



Chicken in Biscuits:
1 can crescent rolls
1 can cream of chicken soup (plus 1 can milk)
1 10 oz. can of chicken (or shred your own)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese


In large mixing bowl combine cream of chicken soup with milk, until it is gravy consistency (set aside)
In a different bowl combine cheese and shredded chicken. (Break up chicken with fork or fingers until finely shredded). Spray dish with Pam. Pour small amount of gravy in bottom of 9X13 baking dish. (Just enough gravy for biscuits not to stick to bottom). Now one by one separate crescent rolls and flatten with fingers until thin but with no holes. Fill crescent with chicken and cheese mixture (palm full of mix) and wrap tightly in crescent roll. Finally pour  gravy over top and bake for 40-45 mins at 350 degrees.


Make the gravy with milk and cream of chicken.


Pour a little on the bottom of dish.


Mix chicken and cheese. This is where I will be adding in cream cheese next time.



Scoop a small ball of chicken and place in crescent.


Roll them up!


Place them in your dish.


Pour remaining gravy on top.


Bake 30-45 mins.


Enjoy!



2 comments:

Harriette Connell said...

Yummy! I will have to try that!

Becky said...

Saw this made on the show and just had to try it. It was so good, it is baking in the oven again right now! I used packaged chicken gravy and put a little mozzarella, onion powder and salt and pepper in the mix to give it more taste.

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...