Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Clean Chocolate Chip Muffins

I have a new favorite blog. The Gracious Pantry. She is a totally clean eating Momma/Blogger. She has a clean recipe for almost every single yummy thing you can think of. You can play around with the ingredients on this recipe a little. I substituted for what I had on hand. Instead of applesauce (we were all out), I used one of Kennedy's little apple/strawberry fruit squeeze's. I used coconut oil instead of avocado oil. The items I switched out were still clean, and didn't effect the taste. These are super easy and made about 20. The kids snacked on them for a couple of days. They were a big hit. Here is the recipe:

Clean Chocolate Chip Muffins:

  • 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup raw honey
  • 1/4 cup avocado oil (olive oil or safflower oil will also work)
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk (or milk of preference)
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1 cup grain sweetened chocolate chips

  • Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Spray your muffin tin
  • In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, chocolate chips and baking soda.
  • In a large mixing bowl, blend everything else with a whisk.
  • Add the flour to the wet ingredients and whisk again.
  • Pour into your muffin tin. Fill up the cups only half way.
  • Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.




  • The batter will be thick.




    Yummy!!


    No comments:

    Bighorn 100

               This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...