Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Training

It's that time of year again for me. It's marathon training time! The training plan I follow is a rigorous one. It takes me to a mental and physical place like you could not imagine. I run 3 times during the week and one long run on the weekend. Each week adds on more miles until that blissful Saturday morning in November when I run the whole 26.2. I use Hal Higdons Novice 2 plan.




I am starting in on week 4. I did this last year too. It is just too hot to start training in July. August heat is really too hot also, but I try to run late at night or early in the morning to get the miles in. I am already planning out my diet to make sure I get enough protein and carbs. I have already made out my schedule. I have to wrap my mind around the time and dedication this takes. A marathon in 50% physical and 50% mental. No doubt about that. So I have to prepare and stay focused on the goal.

This year, my run resolution was to run one half marathon a month. I am halfway through the year and halfway through my goal! I have ran 6 half marathons so far this year. With the constant training I have been undergoing, I feel like my full marathon this year will be easier than last. I also know what to expect which will help too. 






               January, Red Nose Half, Columbus



                 February, Run the Reagan, Snellville



March, Publix Half, Downtown Atlanta


                    April, Peach Jam, Cumming 



           May, Pre-Memorial Day Half, Lawrenceville



               June, BootLegger Half, Dawsonville



July, Rockin' the LP, Snellville

I have 6 more half marathons lined up for the last half of the year. It has been a challenge, but I have really enjoyed it so far. Can't wait to see what the second half of thus year has in store!

No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...