Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas 2014... Meet Betty

Another Christmas has come and gone. Each one a little different than the last. And this year was no different (as I described in my last post). But I do want to take a minute to reminisce on this Christmas and write it down so I will not forget those special memories.


Patiently waiting to head downstairs!



Jada wanted an ipod touch and a waffle chair for Christmas. That is all she asked for. Santa brought her both of those things! As well as a fashion design kit, a case for her ipod, a lava lamp and some beautiful new dresses! When we moved, we had to leave our in ground basketball goal.. so Santa brought a new ball goal for her and Carter as well.


Carter had asked for a new iphone . And he wanted some very expensive, very hard to find Jordan basketball shoes. Luckily, for this Mama, I found them on eBay last minute for half the price! He also got Jordan pants, a Jordan jacket and a Jordan jersey. His stocking was filled with jerky and trading cards. His favorites.



Kennedy is really understanding Christmas and presents and Santa this year. So cute! She asked Santa at Six Flags for a unicorn. I think she wanted a real unicorn. She mostly got My Little Pony stuff. She also got a new big girl bike!



Maggie has wanted a pig for almost 2 years now. She has asked time and time again about getting one. I always said NO. A resounding no. We had no where to keep a pig, I knew nothing about them, and I was not ready to deal with an animal. Well, when she asked for a pig for Christmas, I thought a little bit about it. You see, we have a new house and lots of land. We even have a barn and three nice kennels/pens for animals. So I had to really think about it. Long and hard...  She also asked for an iPhone for Christmas. Santa most definitely brought her an iphone! She also got a new soccer ball, a cute chevron straightener, some clothes, and a lava lamp. Maggie was actually about half way through opening her presents from Santa before she even noticed that he had also brought her a pig! She had not seen the kennel in the chair! She had skipped right over it. She screamed!


Before she had even noticed the pig...


This was right after she screamed and saw the kennel with her piggie!


Her first time holding her.



She named her Betty. Betty is a two week old mini pot-belly. She was the runt of the litter. She is being bottle fed pig formula, but she does NOT like it. She is sleeping with Maggie in her room (in her kennel). She has become very attached to us and cries if she can't find us or we walk out of the room without her. We LOVE Betty! She has quickly become a part of the family! Now Jada wants a pig for Christmas next year.. ;)












No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...