Thursday, March 10, 2016

What's Up

I borrowed this from my cousin who links up with a blog the last Wednesday of every month.  But I'm just using it to catch up with what's up with the Hawkins!



What we're eating:
I'm afraid we are in a rut lately with our dinners. I cook almost every night (except Wednesday when we eat at church). But since  the arrival of my precious baby boy and the return of soccer season and the school play... I just cook the same old quick easy dinners over and over. I have a freezer full of deer so spaghetti, chili and tacos are a usual. Along with chicken and rice casserole. But with our current schedule, new and exciting meals are on the back bunner so to speak.

What I'm reminiscing about:
I would have to say I have been thinking a lot about high school. I have been trying to help Carter with multiplying, adding and subtracting radicals. So I had to reach way back and dig up some algebra. Fortunately for me, you tube is full of amazing tutorials. And for the most part it all came back to me. But this had me thinking about my schooling all those years ago.

What I am loving:
I am loving quite a few things! First,  the weather! I hate winter. I'm so excited the time is about to change and that we have had 70 and 80 degree days foroasted for the next 15 days! Second, I am loving my BOB jogging stroller. Since the weather is nice, I have been able to take Hooper with me on runs and my stroller is amazing!


What we've been up to:
Well, during the week Jada has been practicing almost every day for the school play, The Wizard of Oz. She is a citizen of Oz and has several songs to sing as well as being a beautician to the scarecrow. Maggie has soccer practice 3 times a week and just started back with games every weekend,  Saturday and Sunday. Carter has been taking credit recovery after school 3 days a week to make up for Math he struggled with in the first semester.  So I guess you could say we are pretty busy! My husband has been working hard to get his after school club started in Griffin. Project Unlearn has been taking up most of his spare time, but it seems to be really coming together!


Click for more info.


What I'm dreading:
With the beautiful weather comes the outdoor yard work. And as much as I love being outside and cutting grass and keeping things up... I have a sweet little 4 month old now that doesn't like his Mommy to do anything but hold him and play with him. So this year, I am dreading yard work,  well... yard work with a 4 month old.

What I am working on:
Over a year later and we are still doing things to our house we bought in December 2014. My next project it to paint the countertops in Carter's bathroom. Instead of spending the money to replace the whole thing, I found several blogs on how to repaint them and make them look fresh and new!

What I am Excited about:
SUMMER! It is getting closer. I can feel it in the air! I love summer. I love to spend all day hanging out with my kids... no schedules, no where to be, just hanging out and spending time together.

What I am watching/reading:
I have been reading a book called 

Hiking Through: One Man's Journey to Peace and Freedom on the Appalachian Trail.

I am almost done and it has been a great book. I have a dream to spend some time hiking the Appalachian Trail, but until that day comes, I will live vicariously through other people hiking it.
And as for watching, I am patiently waiting the final episode of the bachelor to air. Which will then be followed by another of my favorite shows, Dancing with the Stars!




What I'm listening to:
Maren Morris. She has only one song on the radio, "My Church", but her entire album is amazing! I also like her Pandora station!


                                   
What I am wearing:
Since I am a mommy to a 4 month old , my clothing consist entirely of nursing tanks and button up shirts. Unless I am running, and then of course I have on my typical tank and nike pro's, but running as a nursing mom requires a special sports bra. Thankfully I found an amazing zip front closure, high support sports bra at VS! I highly recommend this one. It's great for high impact sports such as running!


 



What I am doing this weekend:
My favorite thing to do in March.. watch my girl kick butt on the soccer field! And run. I love my long runs on the weekend. Those are my favorite.




What  I am looking forward to next month:
Well, next month is April. So that means 4 birthdays! It also means Spring Break and we are going to The Smokey Moutains for spring break and I can't wait! I plan on hiking all week long! We will also visit Dollywood, shop and just spend time together as a family. We have rented a cabin for the week. 

What else is new?
Gosh, that about covered it! We are all really busy during the spring and just try to survive the best we can. Between school, church and sports we don't have a whole lot of extra time, but there is no one else in the world I would rather do this life with than my sweet family the Lord has blessed me with!

No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...