Monday, May 02, 2016

April Showers bring ... Birthdays!

Another April has come and gone. This is always a fun, crazy month in our house because 4 of us have birthdays! Not only is it my birthday, but it's my 3 oldest kiddos birthdays too! Last year we took a cruise for our birthday. This year, the kids had spend the night parties. Fun for them, not so much for me. Ha! We had the girls party before Spring Break. Jada had 5 friends and Maggie had 6. They wanted to watch the Jungle Book at the movie theater. So we packed up all 16 of us and headed to the movies! Clearly we had to take both vehicles. We had pizza and cookie cake before the movie, and even managed to squeeze in Maggie's soccer practice. We all really enjoyed the movie! Not sure how much sleep was actually involved, but in the morning we made lots and lots of pancakes and sent our little guests back to their homes. The girls had a great time though! Here are pics from the girls party night.

















Half soccer, half ninja turtle party decor!


We headed out for our Spring Break trip to Pigeon Forge the day after the party. When we got back, Carter had his party! SIX 15 year old boys. Sweaty, loud, hungry boys. He had a great time as well, and he chose to go to the new indoor trampoline park for his birthday. We all had a fun time there! Of course his cake was basketball and that's pretty much all he did with his friends, play basketball! Here are the pics:





I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday as well! We were in the Smoky Mountains, so I was able to spend the day hiking with my kids! I got a gorgeous Coach wallet from my family for my birthday, and we ate dinner out at TGI Friday's. 






Until next year! 

No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...