Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Adventures in Dinner

I am excited to try new recipes for dinner every night! I love Pinterest. I must admit that it is quite possibly my favorite website, next to Facebook of course. I have been cooking exciting, new dinners every night for the last few months thanks to Pinterest. Some recipes turn out great! Some need some tweaking. Other recipes I try are just flat out gross! I would love to share with you a few recipes I have tried lately and how they turned out! I will rate each one with stars on taste and ease. The more stars the better!

Bubble Enchiladas: 
Ease-*****
Taste-***















I followed this recipe exactly as the instructions said, however I did pull it out of the oven about 5 minutes earlier than the time said, and it turned out wonderfully! Not very flavorful, but I enjoyed it and the kids liked it as well. Only complaint- Maggie said she didn't like the soggy bread (the biscuits). However, the rest of the family enjoyed the mushy dough! Here is the link to the original recipe:
http://www.recipe-diaries.com/2011/05/23/bubble-up-enchiladas-weight-watcher-recipes-part-2/


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars:
Ease-*
Taste-*****





This recipe is DELICIOUS! I followed it exactly and it is definitely a new favorite. It was time consuming, messy and dirtied up a lot of bowls! I think I will make this recipe as a special treat ONLY. Not just a regular week night dessert! Here is the link to the original recipe:
http://www.brandysbaking.com/2011/06/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-cheesecake.html

1 comment:

Harriette Connell said...

Love your blog!! Can't wait to read more of your adventuresw in dinner!!

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...