Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Peanut Butter Granola

This is so easy! And you know I love all things peanut butter, so this was right up my alley! I love homemade granola! It's so versatile and much cheaper than buying it pre-made. And course you avoid the preservatives and fillers as well! The original recipe didn't make much, so I doubled the recipe. It still didn't make much. not even half of a gallon bag. I will make a double of the double recipe next time!



Peanut Butter Granola:
1/4 cup Peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups oats

Combine honey and peanut butter. Melt for 20 seconds in the microwave. Mix in cinnamon and vanilla and stir well. Add 2 cups of oats. Stir well to coat. Place on greased baking pan and cook at 325 degrees for 7-10 mins. Allow to cool for several hours to harden. Store in zip bag.

















No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...