Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Fit Friends

 I have had quite a few people ask me "how I did it". Well , I really wish it was an easy answer. Unfortunately it's not. It's not necessarily a hard answer either... more so a long, complicated response. After all, it was not a quick process that put us in this situation either. You didn't wake up one morning and weigh 50 pounds more. You slowly put the weight on over time, so it only makes sense that you will have to slowly take it off. The more you need to lose the longer it will take of course. And the less you need to lose, the harder you will have to work. The important thing is to not get discouraged. Decide today, right now, this minute to make a change and do it! You are worth it! You are important! Your health is one of the most important things about you. Your health is also important to many other people. Your family, your spouse, your children... they all need you to be the best you can be. Carrying around extra weight not only causes pain and guilt, but it reduces years off your life. Consider an unhealthy diet like that of a smoker. Eating poorly leads to being overweight and an untimely death. The exact same as smoking! Both things put you closer to death than you should be. You are worth way more than that! Value yourself enough to take the steps to stop this. You have the control of what you eat. You have control of how much you exercise. You can do this!

I have recently felt led to start a group. A weight loss group so to speak. A place to come and be encouraged, to share, to teach, to learn. I have friends all over the United States, so I feel like the best place to start this journey would be online. I feel like the Lord has given me a desire to help others through their weight loss journey's. I have set up a facebook group. I want to invite anyone to come and join the group. This will be a place for accountability. We will share weight loss, recipes, exercise, vents, stress... whatever you want to share! I will post tips and information here as well. I would love to help anyone along on their journey and I encourage you to join if you need someone to "do it with you". This will be a journey to a healthier lifestyle! We will focus on eating healthy and being active and in turn, weight loss will come! The link to the group is:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/405643276202213/

You can use whatever plan you like, Paleo, MyFitnessPal, Weight Watchers, Atkins... I am pretty familiar with them all and I can provide a lot of insight with MyFitnessPal and Weight Watchers. Our group will also really focus on exercise. I will be pushing a good workout program and helping you with it. I will be starting a Couch to 5K running program locally for anyone who lives in the area.

I've settled on a name for the group. Fit Friends. I look forward to this program and I hope you will join me on this journey!


No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...