Saturday, September 07, 2013

Ham and Cheese Sliders

Dinners at the Hawkins house tend to get a little boring. I tend to repeat a lot of the same meals. I like to try and throw in a new recipe once a week though to break up the same old. This week, I tried ham and cheese sliders for dinner. They were delicious! I had to leave out the sesame seeds for this recipe though (my husband can't have them), but I think that would have made these perfect! So don't forget to add in the sesame seeds. This is also a great party finger food! You have your choice of bread here as well. You could use the Sister Shubert dinner rolls, or the parker house rolls (I thought those would be a little small), or you could use a larger roll you find in the deli. Some people use the Hawaiin sweet rolls. Whatever you chose, make sure it's cooked before you start. I chose plain old yeist rolls- the small balls you leave out covered in syran wrap for 4 hours and let rise, then bake. I think they were perfect for this dish! Not too big or small. Okay, now onto the recipe...



Ham and cheese sliders:
1 dozen  rolls
1/2 lb sliced deli ham
12 slices provolone cheese

1/2 cup butter
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp yellow mustard
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp poppy seeds


Split each dinner roll. Make a sandwich of the ham and cheese and the dinner rolls. Arrange the sandwiches in a 9x13 pan.

In a small sauce pan combine butter, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire and poppy seeds. Bring to a boil and pour over sandwiches.

Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees or until the tops are brown and crispy.


Mix butter, sugar, poppy seeds, mustard and worcestershire and heat until melted.

Slice open rolls and top with ham and cheese.

Place sandwiches in greased 9x13 pan.

Pour mix over the top of the sandwiches and bake at 350 for 20-30 mins

Sandwiches are done when tops are brown and crispy.


No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...