Thursday, August 15, 2013

Breakfast Casserole for Supper

I must admit that my cousin is a great cook! While visiting with her this summer, I also took it upon myself to steal her breakfast casserole recipe. This is so quick, so easy, and so delicious! It can even be made the day before! You can use any type of sausage, any cheese, and any bread. I used fresh hog sausage from our friends The Bailey's and mild cheddar cheese. I used bolillo rolls for the bread. It was soooo yummy! We may try this with bacon next time. Even adding in some hashbrowns may be fun too!
Okay, here is the recipe:

Breakfast Casserole:
6 slices of cubed bread (or enough to cover bottom of dish)
2 cups of milk
8 eggs
1 lb. of browned ground sausage 
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese

Spray 9x12 pan and place bread cubes on the bottom. Top with the cooked sausage and cheese. Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper together. Whisk. Pour over bread/meat. Cook for 45 mins at 325 degrees. 




Brown and drain the sausage


Mix eggs and milk


Bread on the bottom, then sausage, then cheese.


Pour milk and egg over casserole.


Bake at 325 for 45 mins.


All done.


Serve in squares.




No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...