Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Menu Board

I am a planner. Always have been, always will be. I plan out every dinner weeks in advance. I keep a calendar on the fridge with what meal we are having each night, and the side items with it. I keep it flexible though, switching meals around as we need too. This works out well for us, and also helps me make a thorough grocery list. The only negatives about this "write it on the calendar" method are that 1. It's ugly, and 2. I can't easily switch nights without scratching through my writing and making a mess all over the calendar. Well after a quick search on Pinterest I found Menu Boards! What a great idea! I can't believe I didn't think of it myself! I took the day to shop and make a menu board today. I am not completely finished (I still have lots of "meal cards" to make), but I am done with the actual making of the board. And let me tell you, I love it! I can't wait to start using it! 




Okay, so here are the supplies you will need. Some of them you will probably already have:

1/2 yard of material (or even less really)
11x17 cork board
7 clothes pins
Ribbon 
Scrapbook paper
Small box
Markers
Hot Glue (tons of it)



Trim your fabric, and hot glue it to your board.


Hot glue your ribbon to the board on the back. Leave the ribbon on front not glued so that you can put your clothes pins on it.


Use your scrapbook paper to write the days of the week and glue on the clothes pins. Make sure they are turned the right way as you glue them down (I learned this the hard way..) Clip them on the ribbon when you're done.


Use a small box (I cut a trash bag box in half) to make a holder for your dinner cards.


Cover this in scrapbook paper. And glue to your board.


I used the leftover paper to make a "menu" sign for the top.


Lastly, create your dinners! I used labels (I printed them out) and stuck them onto cardstock, cut 2.5 inches wide by 5.5 long. But you can be as creative here as you want!


Finished project! Just have to hang it up!



No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...