Thursday, August 08, 2013

First Day of School

So we started another school year in the Hawkins house. This has become rather mundane for us it seems. This is officially the 9th time we have had a "first day" of school. I miss the kids while they are gone, but I must admit, it's nice to shop in peace, and not have to clean the house every hour! With the kids officially back at school, I will have much more time to cook and blog! I enjoyed doing this last school year, and I have missed it! I also plan to post a few more money saving tips as well. As I get back into the coupon swing, I will share info along the way. I don't coupon during the summer, it's too hard with the kids. Couponing requires planning, peace, and quiet! But since I coupon all school year, we just use from our stock supply! So it works out perfectly.

I am so thankful for the sweet, wonderful children God entrusted me with! I pray that they will all have a wonderful school year this year as they enter 2nd, 5th and 7th grades! I pray that I will be a patient, kind, helpful mother throughout the school year as well! Especially when gymnastics, soccer and basketball try my patience! Anyways,  I wanted to take this moment to share a few "first day of school" pictures with you. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

 Carter, Pre-K age 4
 Maggie, Pre-K age 4
Jada, Pre-K age 4
Jada, 7  Carter, 12  Maggie, 10

1 comment:

Harriette Connell said...

Love the pics! Can't believe how little they were!

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...