Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Honey Apple Crock Pot Pork Loin

 I am always on the look out for pork loin recipes. I can get a loin on sale for a cheap price, and it's usually enough meat to feed an army. This is a slow cooker recipe that involves apple juice. It could be served over rice or with mashed potatoes. My son ate it on a toasted hamburger bun like a pulled pork sandwich! I enjoyed the flavor of this loin and the tenderness was amazing! Plan on this cooking 8-10 hours or even more. This is super easy and you can't mess it up! Okay, here is the recipe:

Honey Apple Crock Pot Pork Loin: 

  • 4- 5 lb boneless pork loin roast (I used a smaller loin)
  • 1 cup apple juice
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon real salt
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Place pork loin roast in slow cooker fat side up. Pour in the apple juice. Generously sprinkle garlic powder over the roast. Add salt. Mix honey, mustard and vinegar together and pour on top.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

All the ingredients.



Pour on juice and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder.


Mix honey, mustard and vinegar.



Pour on top. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.


All done!






No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...