Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Beef Tips and Gravy

A friend of mine showed me this recipe. The original recipe was cooked in the oven, but I went for a crock-pot version. This turned out so great! It was delicious! The meat was tender, the gravy was fantastic, and it was so easy! This could be served over mashed potatoes, rice or noodles. The kids voted noodles, but I would have preferred it over rice. Of course the kids won, and I cooked the only noodles I could find in the pantry- bow-tie pasta. But even with the bow-tie pasta, the tips and gravy were fantastic!



Crock-Pot Beef Tips:

2 lbs of stew meat/beef tips
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can water
1 package of dry onion soup mix (I strain out the dry onions for my husband)
1 package of brown gravy
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce

Combine water and mushroom soup, whisk together. Add soup and gravy mix. Continue whisking until well mixed. Add worcestershire sauce and beef tips. Stir until all the beef is covered. Cook on low 6-8 hours or until beef is tender (depending on the size of your tips). I started mine out on high for 2 hours, then low for 4 hours). Serve over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes!


Whisk together ingredients.


Add in beef tips.


Cover and cook for 6-8 hours.


Perfection!


Serve over rice, mashed potatoes or noodles!

No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...