Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cheeseburger Potato Logs

I was looking for a new ground deer recipe (ground beef for you non-deer people). I stumbled upon a recipe called Cheeseburger-And-Fries Casserole on the Better Homes and Gardens website. I decided to tweak it just a bit and the end result was delicious! I liked the idea behind this recipe, but I had no frozen french fries (which is what the original recipe called for). I did, however, have a bag of potatoes. So I decided to cut the potatoes length wise into big wedges, or "logs" as I call them. So, if you want, you can sub out the real potatoes for the frozen crinkle bag. I suggest this way though, because the big wedges made it much tastier. The whole family loved it, which is always a challenge! Okay, here is the recipe and the picture play by play.






Cheeseburger Potato Logs:
8 medium potatoes
olive oil
salt/pepper
1 lb. ground meat (deer, turkey, beef)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup shredded cheese

Quarter potatoes longways. Place them on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and cover with salt and pepper. Mix well to coat the potatoes. Use plenty of olive oil to avoid the potatoes sticking. Bake for 45 mins at 400 degrees or until crispy and done. While potatoes cook, brown the ground meat. Add 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and the 2 cans of soup. Mix well. Place cooked potato wedges in 9x12 casserole dish. Pour the ground meat mixture on top. Top with cheddar cheese and place in oven on broil for 3-5 mins until cheese is melted. 


Cut potatoes and place on pan. Coat with olive oil.


Brown ground meat.


Add soups and stir well.


Place potatoes in pan.


Cover with meat and shredded cheese.


Broil for 3-5 mins!


Enjoy!! 


No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...