Saturday, January 26, 2013

Wall of Fame

If you have children, you know that with the children comes artwork. Tons of artwork. Like, each child will bring home hundreds of pieces of artwork over the course of their lives. Artwork from school, artwork from Bible School, artwork from Mema's artwork from church, artwork they just made in their rooms because they were bored... the list goes on! Now don't get me wrong, I love to see there work. I have a strong passion for creativity and art, but with 4 kids, it can become unruly. Here is the bad part... you can NOT throw away all their precious, hard work! But, you sure as heck can't keep it all either! So, I had to find a way to keep the house de-cluttered, and the kids happy too. We started a "Wall of Fame." After talking with another mother who had 3 girls, she told me that they hang their artwork up in a certain place. After a few months, they take a picture of it, take all the artwork down and trash it and then start over again. The picture goes in a folder of all the other artwork pics, and no one gets their feelings hurt and you get to remain clutter free! I thought WOW! What a great idea! So, I set out to attempt the same task. However, as I began to hang the artwork as it would come home from school, I began growing attached to it on the wall. I loved looking at it. I just kept adding to it, and adding to it. I have been adding to our wall for over 3 years. There are pictures on top of pictures on top of pictures! Everyone who walks through my kitchen loves it! I told the kids it is their wall. Their famous wall. Their "wall of fame" so to speak. We just use a stapler to hang it all. The small pin holes will easily be painted over when they are grown and no longer care about their artwork. But until then, I will continue to enjoy their Wall of Fame as much as they do!








No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...