Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Tater Tots

I found this recipe for chicken, cheese and tater tot casserole. What I liked the most about it was that it's a Crock Pot recipe!! My favorite! I get a little tired of  "cream of crockpot", so I was excited to see this recipe involved no cream of anything soup! Now, don't expect a fancy dinner with this. I would have to say this is definitely a kid friendly style dinner. It works especially well for nights at the soccer field, or football field. 

Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole:

1 bag of Tater Tots
1 lb. of raw chicken tenders (cut into nugget size pieces)
2 cups Shredded Cheese (your favorite kind- we use the colby/jack blend)
1 cup Milk
1 cup bacon bits

Spray your crock pot with Pam, cover bottom in half the tots. Cover the tots in 1/3 of the cheese and bacon.  Spread your raw chicken nugget pieces on top of that. Cover in salt and pepper. Then cover in 1/3 cheese and 1/3 bacon bits. Pour the rest of your tots in. Cover with remaining cheese and bacon bits. Top it all off with the cup of milk poured all over the casserole. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. I cooked ours for 5 and it was perfect! 



Cut up the raw chicken strips.


Layer in the crockpot.


YUMMY cheesy deliciousness!


1 comment:

Harriette Connell said...

Looks delicious!!! I need to find crockpot recipes that will cook for 12 or more hours - 6 am to 6 pm! LOL!

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...