Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Turtle Tank

Well, this is another turtle story. This story, however, is not about our turtles. This story is about my nephews turtles.  For those of you who don't know my nephews, I have 3 precious little boys in my family named TJ, JJ, and Manny. They are 4, 5, and 7 years old. I love these three little messes with all my heart!  Here are two of my nephews with their turtle tank.


The boys also have turtles. They live happily in their tank with 3 algae eaters and 2 fancy goldfish. Well I know you are probably wondering where this story is going, but if you will give me just another minute, I will lay it all out on the line. 


Here is a picture of a construct. I gave the boys my kids construct set a few weeks ago because my kids never played with them anymore and the boys really loved to build with them!


Now, WHY does my sister look so distraught you might say?? Well, apparently they discovered that you can play baseball with the constructs as well! Just keep reading.....


After playing a rousing game of construct baseball.... apparently one of my sweet little nephews hit the "ball" at the aquarium. Oops.


                     And this is the aftermath.... 





After lots of towels, lots of shop vac dumps, even blankets..... the water began to disappear.
We got all the furniture moved out, and all the water that we could see dried up.


We moved the tank outside... notice the big crack towards the bottom.


All the blankets and towels my sister owns...


All the towels I own...


And all the furniture moved out. Lamar's parents brought over a HUGE fan to turn on during the night and help dry out things. Unfortunately though, the water (all 50 gallons of it) managed to make its way under the flooring and come pouring out the walls on the front porch. Thank the Lord for insurance, because this one will be a dozy!

But really, who could resist these sweet little faces...





2 comments:

Harriette Connell said...

Amen about the sweet little irresistable face!!! What a mess!!

Jennifer said...

They are super cute, with their broken aquarium in the background.. hahaha!

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...