Monday, September 24, 2012

BBQ Night!

We had a BBQ kind of night for dinner! First, I slow cooked a pork loin all day in the crock pot covered in my Mom's recipe of BBQ sauce! I cooked shells and cheese, and my Mom's BBQ potato's for sides! Check out the recipes and pictures below!

BBQ Sandwich's
Ease:**** Taste:****

Pork Loin
1 Cup Ketchup
1 Cup Vinegar
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Mustard
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper (or more)

In a saucepan, whisk together all the ingrediants and bring just to a boil. Simmer for 2-3 mins. Lay pork loin in crock pot and pour the sauce on top. Cover and cook on low in the crock pot for 6-8 hours or until meat falls apart. Use fork to shred the meat up. Finish by placing a heaping spoon of meat onto a hamburger bun!


BBQ ingredients!



Whisk together the ingredients.





Pour the BBQ sauce on the Pork Loin and cook on low all day!


It's been cooking all day!


Shred it all up with a fork.


My yummy BBQ sandwich!


BBQ Potatoes
Ease **** Taste ****

2 cans of diced potatoes
1/2 cup shredded cheese
3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon paprika
salt, pepper to taste

Drain the potatoes and mix with mayo and cheese, salt and pepper. Mix should be a little runny. If it seems to dry, add more mayo. Place in glass baking dish and sprinkle paprika evenly over the top! Place in oven at 375 degrees for 30 min or until bubbly and brown. 







No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...