Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mini-Corn Dogs

You better put on your running shoes now! After you are done with this delicious dinner you are definitely going to need to burn a few calories. I cooked this meal for more people than just my 6. I also cooked for my sister's family of 5 as well. This recipe will yield 60 mini corndogs. We had 5 left, and that was because Kevin didn't eat with us! He closes his store every Wednesday night. Needless to say, these were a hit! We will not be having them very often, but they are a yummy treat every  now and then. Without further delay, here is the recipe and pics!

Mini-Corn Dogs
Ease- * Taste- *****

2 packs of Hot Dogs
1 cup yellow corn meal
1 cup flour
1/4 sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg
1 1/4 cup buttermilk

Mix up the dry ingredients first, then add the egg and buttermilk. Don't add quite all the buttermilk at first. Check your consistency before adding the last bit in. Cut your hotdogs into thirds. This will make 60 mini dogs. Use a toothpick and dip and roll the dog into the batter. Drop it into the fryer (365 degrees) for 2 to 3 minutes. You can leave the toothpick in, but I pulled it out as I was dropping them in the oil. Only fry about 6 at a time. They seem to cook better. Stir your batter all along as you are dipping. Place on a paper towel covered cookie sheet and keep in the oven on warm until you get them all cooked!! These were time consuming and a little tricky, but sooo worth it! 











1 comment:

Harriette Connell said...

I pretty sure I gained a pound from just LOOKING at them!!! LOL!

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...