Thursday, September 06, 2012

Jenn's EASY Lasagna

I think my lasagna recipe is very generic. It's extra cheesy and it's my kids love it! Actually, besides my homemade fried chicken nuggets, this is their favorite dinner! I always try to cook a kid-friendly dinner every night, after all, they are my biggest fans! I decided to add this recipe to the blog just in case you've never made your own lasagna! It really is a very easy dinner that you can make ahead and freeze, or make in the morning and pop in the oven later for dinner. There are two types of noodles. There are regular lasagna noodles, and a no-boil lasagna noodle. My best friend swears be the no-boil noodles. I prefer the boil first kind!


Homemade Lasagna:
1 lb. ground beef browned and drained
1/2 box of lasagna noodles (12 noodles)
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
4 cups of mozzarella cheese
1 container of ricotta cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese
2 eggs

Brown ground beef. Drain. Return to pan and add jar of spaghetti sauce.
Boil noodles (use a tablespoon of oil to keep them from sticking) and drain. 
In a large mixing bowl combine the ricotta cheese, eggs, 2 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese.
Begin layering in a 9x13 pan. I put a cup of the meat sauce on bottom. Then 3 noodles. Then 1/2 the cheese mix (I use my hands to get it evenly spread over the noodles). Then 3 more noodles, then meat sauce, 3 noodles, the rest of the cheese mix, 3 noodles and the rest of the meat sauce on top. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese, and cover in tinfoil. Bake for 35-40 mins at 375 degrees. Remove the tinfoil and bake for an additional 5 min. to brown top! 

Brown the Beef

Drain and add the sauce.


Mix up the cheese.


Start layering. Meat sauce on bottom


Then noodles and cheese.


More noodles.


 Meat Sauce, then repeat!



Cover top with me cheese and bake!

1 comment:

Harriette Connell said...

Looks delicious! How do we get an invitation to eat some of this yummy foor? :)

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...