Monday, September 10, 2012

Magnetic Board

I have seen the cutest magnet boards at several shops lately. They are very pricey and so are the cute magnets they sell to go with it! I saw a few attempts to re-create one on Pinterest and thought I would give it a shot! It turned out really cute (or at least I think it did) ! I did already have some of the items needed to make the board, but I ended up spending $6.00 for it. Not too bad considering the ones I have seen are $20 and up for the boards, and $10 and up for the magnets. 



I started with a large Pizza Pan, Modge Podge, Magnetic Dots, Fabric and Buttons




Begin by ironing the fabric. Place it on the cookie sheet and COVER it in Modge Podge with a paintbrush.




When you have fully covered the front, flip it over and cover the back edges.


I put mine outside to dry.



While the Modge Podge was drying, I hot-glued the magnet dots to the buttons.



 Finished magnets!



Finished Project


And there is my cute board hanging on the pantry! 

1 comment:

Harriette Connell said...

You know I love it!!! I pinned it!!

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...