Monday, October 01, 2012

Chinese Fried Donuts Bites

This is a recipe for the little fried donut bites you get at most Chinese Buffet restaurants. I am very fond of these little guys! They also bring back wonderful memories of eating lunch every week with my Nana! I would pick her up and we would go eat lunch at the local Chinese Buffet in Zebulon. When she got to sick to go out, I would fix her a to go plate and we would just eat together at her house! We started our Chinese lunch tradition when Jada was just a baby and I was working at the farm. Chinese was actually one of my Nana's favorites! For her birthday or any special occasion,  Mom would ask her if she would like all of us to go out to eat somewhere. She would ALWAYS say Chinese. The fried donuts were our favorite part of the buffet! Here is a super quick, super easy recipe for the same little donut bites!

Chinese Fried Donut Bites:
Ease:**** Taste:****

1 can of the small Pilsbury biscuits
1/2 cup sugar
Oil to Fry
Large Zip bag

Pinch the raw biscuit dough half into. My can had 10 biscuits, so I had a total of 20 donuts to fry. Heat your oil to 350 degrees. Drop the pinched biscuits half into the grease and fry approx. 1-2 mins on each side. Allow them to drain for just a second and then quickly get them in a large Zip bag with 1/2 cup sugar. Zip the bag and shake to coat. Enjoy!


Pinch the biscuits half into.



Drop into the fryer and cook 1-2 mins or until golden.


Zip bag with sugar.


Shake. Shake. Shake.


Perfection! Wish my Nana was here to enjoy them with me ;)

1 comment:

Harriette Connell said...

Awww! Nana would have loved them!! They look yummy! I miss Momma so much! I still cry every time I think about her which is many times a day. She was so amazing and leaves a huge hole in our hearts!

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...