Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Apple Dumplings

I love my Ladies Sunday School at church! I have been a member of this class since I was about 15 years old. Every Sunday, the ladies in the class take turns bringing breakfast. I cooked this last Sunday morning for my class. It's very rich, very fattening and very good! I will save this recipe for  special events only!



Easy Apple Dumplings:
Ease: **** Taste: *****

2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced into 8 slices each apple
1 cup melted butter
1 can Ginger Ale
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cans crescent rolls
1 tsp. cinnamon

Place an apple slice in each crescent roll. Roll up and place on greased 9x12 dish. Place 8 rolls on each side. In separate bowl, melt butter in microwave. Stir in sugar, and cinnamon. Stir for several mins until mixed thoroughly. Pour on top of crescent rolls. Lastly, pour over the entire can of ginger ale. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 mins or until golden brown!


Peel and slice the apples.


Place an apple slice in each roll.


Place in pan.


Stir butter, cinnamon and sugar.


Pour over crescent rolls.


Pour can of ginger ale on top and bake!


These will melt in your mouth!

No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...