Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Risotto


For those of you who know me well, know I am a big Gordon Ramsey fan. That may actually be an understatement. I am a bit obsessed with Chef Ramsey! I watch all the television shows, and even ate at one of his restaurants in New York. One of the most famous sides they cook on Hell's Kitchen is risotto. I nave never cooked risotto before, and have only tasted a small bite at his restaurant. So, I was anxious to try it out! 

Here is Chef Ramsey's lovely risotto, and my dinner from his restaurant at 
The London, in New York City. It was perfect!
Well, I will have to say that I am impressed with myself! It turned out wonderfully! I enjoyed cooking it, even though it was time consuming, and it was truly delicious! I think Chef Ramsey would have been impressed. Well, maybe... he is a bit hard to please...



My beautiful, creamy risotto!

Parmesan Risotto:
Ease: ** Taste: ****

1 cup arborio rice
2 tsp butter
2 cloves miced garlic
1/2 cup white wine
4 cups fat free chicken stock
salt and pepper
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp chopped parsley

Heat stock in small pan and keep hot. In a medium size heavy sauce pan, add butter on medium-low heat. Add garlic, sauté about 1 minute. Add rice mixing well until well coated and transluscent, about 2 minutes. Add wine, salt and pepper and mix well until it is absorbed into the rice. Ladle 1 cup stock into rice and mix until all stock is absorbed, add another ladle, and continue adding and stirring until all broth is absorbed, about 20-25 minutes. Add parmesan cheese and parsley, mix well and serve.





You must use arborio rice. It's what risotto is made best with!


Saute garlic and add in rice.


Add hot broth, 1 cup at a time.


Wait until the rice has fully absorbed the stock before adding more.


Stir, stir, stir. The key to creamy, delicious risotto is to keep stirring!


Finished product!



No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...