Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Nana's Meatloaf

When my Nana died back in March, I spent several days picking through each and every thing she owned. Of the more treasured things I found... Nana's Recipes! So, when I decided to try my hand at meatloaf tonight, I immediately went to the coveted box (actually box and bags there are so many) of recipes. I sat down and began looking. Within 2 mins I had already come across 5 different meatloaf recipes. So I looked over them all and decided on the handwritten recipe labeled "Nana's Meatloaf". The kids were skeptical, however all I had to do was mention that this was "Nana's" recipe, and they were immediately anxious to try it! It exceeded  my expectations! This will definitely be added to the favorite dinner list!


Nana's Meatloaf:
Ease: *** Taste: ****
2 lbs Ground Beef
2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 egg beaten
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup water
1.5 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 Tbs. Vinegar
3 Tbs. Brown Sugar
2 Tbs. Mustard
2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce

Combine beef, crumbs, egg, salt, pepper and one can of tomato sauce. Mix well and press into loaf pan. In a separate bowl, combine other can of tomato sauce, water, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, worcestershire sauce  and mix well. Pour on top of meat and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 mins.




Mix hamburger meat with bread crumbs, season and tomato sauce.


Press into pan.


Pour the homemade ketchup style sauce on top.


This was about halfway through dinner.... we ate almost all of it!! Very different and very delicious! Not like traditional meatloaf. 



No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...