Monday, November 05, 2012

Easy Beef Stew

I love this recipe. It's probably the easiest, yummiest recipe I own. It's another of my mother's recipe. I love my Mom's recipes!


You will find this recipe very easy. You can make it as easy or as hard as you want. You can use all fresh veggies, or all can. Or half and half! You can clean out the freezer/pantry for this recipe, or go buy the ingredients you want. I use the veggies my family loves. You could use anything you like! Zucchini, Squash, Celery, Onions... the possibilities are endless!

Basic Stew Recipe:
1 pound of stew meat (more or less as you chose)
1-2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce
Salt/Pepper
6 cups of your favorite veggies
1-2 cans of chicken broth if you use all fresh veggies

Brown stew meat 3-4 mins in skillet with worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Combine all ingredients together in crock pot. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low 8-10 hours (depending on raw or canned veggies) or High 4-6 hours. Any leftovers can be frozen and saved for another time! 


Chopped potatoes.


Browning the stew meat.


Ready for the crockpot!


Potatoes, Green Beans, Carrots, and Corn first.


Then a big can of tomatoes, and the Stew Meat.
If you use can veggies, just pour the liquid from the veggies in with it. If you use fresh veggies, add a can of chicken broth so that all the meat and veggies are covered in liquid.


Cook for 8 hours or until veggies and meat are tender!


No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...