Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Potato Soup

I love potato soup! My mom used to make it for me growing up when I was sick. I love her version. It's my favorite! She simply uses water, potatoes, salt and butter. But, I thought I would try a little different version! It turned out really good. I had to turn my crockpot up to high to get the potatoes done though (it may have just been my slow cooker.) And, I still prefer my Momma's potato soup :)

Potato Soup:
3 lbs. small red potatoes
3 cans of chicken broth
2 cups shredded cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 package cream cheese )melted)
Salt
Pepper
Fresh bacon bits

Cut potatoes into small pieces. Combine all ingredients in the crock pot, except the cream cheese. Cook on low 6-8 hours in crockpot until potatoes are done and the soup is creamy. During the last hour, add in the melted cream cheese. Top with a little bit of shredded cheese and bacon bits!



Cut potatoes.


Rinse with water.


Combine all ingredients but cream cheese and cook on low for 6-8 hours in the crock pot.


Top with cheese and bacon. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Harriette Connell said...

That looks really good!!! Nana always made me potato soup when I was sick, too! That's how I got started making it! :)

tracy said...

I want to know how you get the kids to eat all this stuff ! It looks delicious to me, but kids will eat chicken or chicken, or sometimes, chicken. :(

Jennifer said...

I don't know Tracy! They just eat it! I guess I got lucky!

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...