Sunday, October 07, 2012

Cheesy Chicken

This is recipe I stole from my Mom over 12 years ago! I have changed it up just a little, but it's still basically her recipe. This is actually THE recipe that won over my man's heart! Some 12 years ago, I took Kevin out on a date. I took him out to the Milner place (land my Dad has farmed for years), way out in the middle of no where. All the way down a long dirt road. And over out to the creek. Full of shoals, and beautiful little water falls. I spread out a picnic blanket out in the creek, on a big flat dry rock. I had cooked a special dinner for him. Cheesy chicken was the main course. Mashed potatoes, English peas and yeast rolls to accompany it. I think from that moment on, I had his heart. Obviously the date went well.... I mean, we do have 4 kids ;) We usually serve it over pasta. Now that you have heard the background, I will give you the recipe!


Cheesy Chicken:
1 cup ranch dressing
1 tbl. mayo
1/2 cup parmesan
8-10 Frozen Tyson chicken tenders

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken fingers in 9x12 glass baking dish. In a separate bowl, combine mayo, parmesan cheese and ranch dressing. Pour over the chicken. Sprinkle with a little extra parmesan cheese and bake for 35 mins or till bubbly and brown on top. Broil for 2-3 mins to brown if necessary.


Mix the mayo and parm and ranch.


Spoon over the frozen chicken tenders.


Bake until brown and bubbly.



Enjoy!





1 comment:

Harriette Connell said...

So neat! I am loving your blog! I still cook the cheesy chicken, I just use Fat Free Ranch dressing now.

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...