Sunday, October 07, 2012

Home fried chicken nuggets


If you ask my kids what they want for dinner.... this is what they will always say! Chicken nuggets!
This is a really easy recipe and I have some tricks that help keep it clean. I don't cook this much for them because it is cooked in the deep fryer... but they get it often enough! Here's the breakdown:

8-10 chicken tenders (raw and thawed)
2 cups milk or buttermilk
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt 
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 gallon zip bags
oil to fry with



Use a gallon size zip bag. Mix egg and milk in the bag.


Chop up tenderloins into bite size pieces.


Put them in the milk/egg mix , zip and shake. Refrigerate until ready to cook. I like to let them marinate at least an hour, but it's not necessary.




In the other zip bag, mix flour, salt and pepper. (add 2-3 tablespoons of powdered sugar to make them taste a little more like Chick-fil-A's)



Take the chicken pieces out of the milk bag and drop into the flour bag. No need to let them drip off, just throw them in. Then, shake-shake-shake! 




Nuggets should be coated in the flour!


Cook in oil at 375 degrees for approx 5-6 mins.



When the nuggets are golden brown and crispy, they are done! No need for clean up! Just toss the zip bags in the trash! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Harriette Connell said...

Wow! You taught your momma a trick or two! I will definately use the zip bags next time!!

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...