Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fall Break

I thought I would take a minute to share with everyone how we spent our fall break! Well, we had originally planned on a road trip for fall break! But after adding up the miles and the cost, and the time spent in the car alone with my 4 children... I changed my mind! I decided to keep it simple, restful and cheap! We started our week off with a pumpkin scavenger hunt at Mema's house! Me and my sister carefully thought out clues for each child. We strategically placed 7 pumpkins and clues all over Mema and Papa's land! Even little Kennedy got to find her pumpkin! The clue to find the pumpkin would only be given if you answered your "question" correctly. For example, Manny's question was "what season is it?" Of course, the questions got harder as the kids got older. Carter had to answer a science question about refracting and reflecting telescopes. We tried to base the questions on what they were all learning in school.


Kennedy found her pumpkin in the bird bath.

The boys with their pumpkins!


Jada found hers!


T.J. and his!


Maggie's pumpkin!


Reading clues and answering questions!


Pumpkin pose :)


Carter and his pumpkin.

After we found the all the pumpkins, we painted them! All the pumpkins turned out sooo cute! We even added a little glitter.


Kennedy painting her pumpkin.


Carter painted an Atlanta Falcons pumpkin.


Manny's


TJ made a face on his.


JJ's


Jada turned his into a vampire pumpkin.


Maggie made a fall tree on her pumpkin.

We had a wonderful time finding the pumpkins, eating lunch, painting the pumpkins and watching a movie at Mema's house! We also enjoyed several other activities over the week. We played outside everyday, riding scooters and shooting basketball. Played Just Dance on Wii until our legs hurt! And so much more...


We painted fall pictures on the front porch. This is Maggie and Jada's beautiful fall pictures!


We had a special dinner date night with the family at the kids favorite restaurant, Kobe Japanese Steakhouse. 


We took a dip in the hot tub one cool morning and had hot chocolate and apple cider at Niece's house. 





We took a trip to the Griffin fair.


We also enjoyed our Fall Festival at church!


Kennedy enjoyed the Fall Festival too.

Well, I think that about covers it! We tried to stay busy and have fun and enjoy some fall activities.  I hate that fall break is over and that the kids have to go back to school tomorrow. I am glad to have a little down time though. I miss them during the day! I will just look forward to our next break, which is right around the corner! 


No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...