Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Just another Wednesday...


       
      For several years now, my husband has worked Wednesday nights. Which means dinner is on my own! So, we started a Wednesday night tradition with my sister. Luckily we live right beside her. We plan out our meal and each of us have an addition to it. We meet at her house and enjoy the evening together with cousins playing, and good food and just some time to hang out! We do occasionally move the party to my parents house. Tonight was a "parents house" night.
It was also Manny's birthday!


Mema always makes individual little "baby cakes" for each child's actual birthday.


 We grilled hotdogs, hamburgers, baked beans and fries and several desserts (look for that to come later). 


We had a special surprise tonight though! My sister is in her last year of school to be a teacher and she brought home the "star lab" from her college. It was really cool!  



Niece explaining that if they messed things up they were dead.


Patiently waiting...


Inside! 

The projector in the center allowed the constellations to move all around the dome. It was dark of course, but my flash lit up the inside of the dome so you could see.
I didn't get to stay in long because Kennedy of course wasn't very interested in being still!

After dinner and the stars, we had dessert, but I will save those for another post! I love my family and I especially love that every single Wednesday night we get together for a time of food, fellowship and fun!

1 comment:

Harriette Connell said...

Remember when you lived nearby? Y'all came here every Wednesday! But not since you moved OUT OF TOWN!! Bahahaha! I want back in on the Wednesday night rotation!!! LY

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...