Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fried Salmon Patties

This is very special recipe to me. I have been enjoying fried salmon patties since I was a little girl! My mother cooked them for me, as well as my Nana! We usually serve them with biscuits! I think of salmon and biscuits is one of my very favorite meals. I have continued the tradition on with my kids as well. We often dip our salmon in a side of Cane Patch Syrup! Salmon and biscuits are at their very best with a big dip in cane syrup! That's about as southern as one can get I suppose. None the less, I would love to share this family recipe with you too!


Fried Salmon Patties:
Ease: ***** Taste: *****

1 Can of Pink Salmon
1 egg
1/2 cup SR Flour
1/2 cup SR cornmeal
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 pepper

Mix can of salmon (including the juice in the can) with all ingredients. Stir well until everything is mixed. Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Drop spoonfuls of the salmon mix into the grease and cook 3-5 mins until golden brown. 




Drop salmon by spoonfuls into the hot oil.



Fry 3-5 mins until brown.



Try them with syrup! Enjoy!

No comments:

Bighorn 100

           This was my 8th attempt at a 100 mile buckle. I love the 100 mile race- it pushes every ounce of physical and mental strength I h...